Unprecedented times. Nobody expected this. COVID-19 has literally ground the travel and hospitality industry to a halt. So what do we do, what can we do, to survive this pandemic in the hospitality world? Seems to make sense first and foremost to fix what is broken! How about those lingering CAPEX items? Let’s get them done now while hotel occupancy is low, or even closed. What about re-opening plans? We know hotels will be operational again soon so why not get that keyless entry done, reconfigure the lobby, the meeting rooms, and the fitness centers to be socially distant and comfortable for people to gather again, but not closely? Let’s work to get these types of things done now, so we don’t have to scramble while we are welcoming guests again. It’s time to get to work and Beacon Bay is ready to get it done!
- The Importance of Responsiveness
- Retaining Employees During Difficult Times
- Lessons Learned: Drain Vent Lines
- Ascend Hotel Collection Opens Seven Hotels in the First Half of This Year and Adds 10 Hotels to Its Pipeline
- Industry Insights: Hiring the Right Type of HR Manager for Your Business…the First Time